5.16.2012

Real Talk

If you really knew me, you'd know that I'm terrified of open water, I've never been to Disneyland, and I like feeling alone. If you really knew me, you'd know that I hate the sound of crying, I discriminate the racists, and I fight the fear of flying. If you really knew me, you'd know that I'm more feared than I'm respected, I've never broken a bone, and I'm terrified of being rejected. If you really knew me, you'd know that I hate spiders, but I don't mind snakes. I hate bringing in the garbage cans, and I get chills when I hear thunder. If you really knew me, you'd know that I love the smell of rain, hate the smell of coffee, and have more fears than memories. If you really knew me, you'd know that I've learned not to get attached to things, or people, or dreams. You'd know that I love big houses and fast cars. I believe that money really can buy happiness, and that I've never been to the ocean. If you really knew me, you'd know that I am weaker than I look, but stronger than I feel. I have one too many plans, and way too little time. If you really knew me, you'd know that I've been to hell and back - it's not as bad as they say it is. I've cried myself to sleep, and I hate how dramatic girls can be. If you really knew me, you'd know that I want to get away. I'd go anywhere if I could. I'm gonna be an EMT, I hate when people hold grudges, and I pack a mean punch. If you really knew me... well, now you kind of do.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this. And the poem about words unsaid.

    And thanks for the letter. If you show up on Wednesday and read this, you'll pass the class.

    ReplyDelete